Interguild is an organization that supports Parent Associations and Guilds in their fundraising, friend-raising and other activities. Interguild promotes and shares ideas and practices that our members can use to move forward and work more effectively in their own school environments.
Interguild was founded in April 1991. Currently we have 34 member schools. Our members are all Independent schools who are members of CIS Ontario.
In 1989 and 1990, organized meetings were held by a group of involved parents who recognized the need for a gathering of the various guilds of Independent school under CIS. In the spring of 1990, a steering committee was put in place to formalize the structure, constitution, membership requirements, mission statement and recording procedure for this group.
Interguild’s first formal AGM was held in April 1991, where its constitution was presented and ratified by unanimous approval.
Current members of the Executive Committee (2017-2018):
- President – Nancy Nash
- Vice President – Krystie Robinson-Vincent
- Past President – Wendi Priest
- Treasurer – Kerstin Lueck
- Networking – Frances Lee
- Workshop – Tessa Harrison
- Secretary – Jessica Monk
- Suppliers’ Day – Jackie Sklenka
The members of the first formal Executive Committee were:
- President Carol Johnson, St. Mildred’s-Lightbourn School
- Vice President Margaret-Ellen Disney, Lakefield College
- Newsletter Ardene Mantrop, St. Andrew’s College
- Membership Rosemary McIntosh, Crescent School
- Secretary-Treasurer Jenny Trebilcock, Bishop Strachan School
- Member at Large Jocelyn Ciegg, Albert College
- Member at Large Anne MacInnis, Upper Canada College