Parent Engagement Workshop 2017
Sterling Hall School
After a very successful Workshop event last year, we decided to try the carousel format again this year. This time we focused on Parent Engagement and asked representatives from various schools to share their successful strategies in certain areas.
The topics and presenters at this event were:
- Community Building — Sterling Hall School — Courtenay O’Hea, PA President and Leela Waxman, Vice President
- Expat Engagement — York School — Jackie Sklenka, Interguild Executive committee
- Alumni Parents — Ridley College — Kory Lippert, Development Office
- Parent Engagement Challenges – Upper Canada College – Karen Arnone, Past President of the Parents Association
- Cultural Diversity — Pickering College — Krystie Robinson-Vincent, Interguild Social Media and Communications and Donna Fordyce, Chair of Pickering College
- Association — Appleby College — Dr Ellen Palmer, Parent Relations Liaison
- Thanking the Community — Sterling Hall School – Christine Kirby, Community Relations Manager
A special thank you to Sterling Hall School for hosting this event, SHS Principal Rick Parsons for his welcoming words, and Christine Kirby for organizing everything so smoothly at the school.
This was a very successful event with over 55 attendees! Thank you to everyone for coming and sharing their experiences!